Happy Valentine’s Day! Teach your student:
- The Origin of Valentine's Day (if you know it). Is it celebrated in all countries? Why or why not?
- Encourage your student to write a letter/valentine to a friend or loved one.
- Practice rhyming by helping your student write a Valentine's poem.
- Teach homonyms to your student by looking at Valentines. For example, "Bee my Valentine" might have a picture of a bee. Many Valentines have silly rhymes. (There is a list of homonyms on page 45--Appendix H of your tutor training manual).
- Have your student create as many new words as possible from the phrase "Happy Valentine's Day." Examples might include and, vent, dent, lad, pay, etc.