- Your student may be intimidated when ordering items from a menu. Studying a menu can be a great activity to supplement a lesson. Here are some tips to help you:
- Visit the restaurant of your choice and ask for a copy of a menu.
- Help your student become familiar with the menu items themselves and the descriptions of the items.
- Discuss different cooking terms and their definitions like: minced, knead, poached, etc. Practice using the dictionary or use the words in a spelling test.
- Practice reading a recipe and discuss how the food would be prepared.
- Have your student write a "taste review" where they can use adjectives to describe an eating experience.
Did you enjoy this post? Why not leave a comment below and continue the conversation,
or subscribe to my feed and get articles like this delivered automatically to your feed reader.